A marijuana high can last from 2 to 10 hours, depending on several factors, including amount consumed, amount of THC, body weight, body fat percentage, metabolism, tolerance, and food intake. Cannabis has over 113 chemical compounds called cannabinoids. How Long Does a Weed High
THC is one of these and is responsible for giving that high feeling. Read on to get a closer look at a THC high along with tips for cutting things short.How Long Does a Weed High
How Long Does It Take for Weed High to Kick In?
How quickly you will feel the effects usually depends on the method you use. With smoking or vaping, you can quickly feel the effects in 2 to 10 minutes because it enters the bloodstream via the lungs a few minutes after inhaling it. Eating edibles kick in within 30 to 60 minutes, sometimes taking as long as 2 hours. How Long Does a Weed High
The digestive system metabolizers weed when you eat it which can take a while. Finally, with the dabbing method, a concentrated form of cannabis is smoked through a pipe. Dabs contain higher THC content compared to other forms of weed, so the high instantly kicks in.
How Long Does the Effects of Weed High Last?
How long the effects last greatly varies depending on the potency and dose. The more you use and the higher the THC content, the longer you will feel the effects. The method of consuming weed also affects the peak and length of the effects. With smoking or vaping, the effects peak at 10 minutes and usually last for 1 to 3 hours. If eaten, edibles usually peak at 2 hours and last for up to 24 hours. Just like smoking, the effects of dabbing lasts for 1 to 3 hours. With a high THC concentrate, the effects can be felt the whole day.
How Do I End a Weed High Faster?
- Take a nap. Sleeping can help you relax if your high has you feeling paranoid or anxious. It also gives the body time to process and eliminate the weed.
- Try black better. Evidence have shown that peppercorn increases the sedative effects of THC which can calm you. Take a container of black pepper sniff it without inhaling it. You can also chew on a few whole peppercorns.
- Eat pine nuts. According to research, a compound found in peanuts called pinene improves clarity and calms the body.
- Try consuming CBD. The cannabinoid CBD can counter the effects of THC. THC causes the high from weed, but CBD offers a calming effect that can dull the high.
- Use a lemon peel. The lemon peel contain compounds that gives a calming effect. Ingesting lemon peel can counteract the psychoactive effects of THC and make you come down. Steep some in hot water and remove them before taking sips.
How do I Extend a Weed High Longer?
For a longer-lasting high, go with edibles. They take longer to kick in, but the effects last longer, which can be helpful if you are using weed for medical purposes. You can also try a higher THC strain or re-dose for a longer high, but you will have more intense effects. Experienced consumers might not find this a big deal, but beginners might find the effects a bit too much. Drinking before using weed can heighten the effects of THC, but it can lead to unpleasant symptoms like nausea, dizziness and vomiting.
Marijuana affects everyone differently, so it is hard to predict how long you will feel the effects. Start with a less potent strain and a low dose so you do not end up getting too high. You can also opt for edibles to help extend things a little bit.